How To Prepare For A Study
Patient Sleep Study Instructions:
- Do not consume any caffeine after 1:00 p.m. on the day of your study.
- We suggest you eat dinner as normal but please refrain from alcohol.
- Do not take any naps on the day of your study.
- Please arrive with your paperwork already completed.
- Please shower and come with clean, dry hair. Do not use any hair products or lotions.
- Be aware that hair pieces and wigs will need to be removed during testing. Hair extensions will not need to be removed.
- Bring a comfortable pair of non-silk pajamas to sleep in and anything you need to make yourself comfortable. Shorts and a t-shirt are acceptable. Sleep attire must be in two seperate pieces.
- Bring all medications that you take at bedtime or in the morning including sleep aids. We cannot dispense medications of any kind during your visit.
- Bring your insurance cards and a photo I.D.
- Feel free to bring a book and you may watch TV until lights out.
- Your scheduled arrival time will be between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. You will be discharged no later than 6:00 a.m. the following morning.
- Please make note of your scheduled study time and do not arrive early. All studies are synchronized.
- A Sleep Technician will be assigned to you and will help with anything you need during your stay.
- If you require special assistance due to the use of a wheelchair, oxygen tanks, etc, please inform customer service prior to your test date.
- If you are scheduled to use a nasal CPAP during your study, you may wish to bring a nasal spray to alleviate any stuffiness.
- You will want to make time to shower at home after your study.
- Upon the completion of your study, a sleep specialist will interpret your test results. A sleep specialist or a doctor will then contact you to discuss the results.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so that we may reschedule you.
- Patients who cancel their appointment within 24 hours of their start time or fail to arrive for their appointment are subject to a cancelation fee.
Copy of Sleep Study Instructions
Return to Sleep Studies
If you are concerned about your sleep health, visit our appointments page to setup a meeting with one of our board-certified sleep specialists.